Sunday, April 1, 2012

Keeping Time

Looking back over my four day weekend, I realized that I haven't really accomplished much besides running and sleeping, with plenty of time in between spent browsing through my favorite social and entertainment sites. During today's sermon, I realized how much time I waste on social media and entertainment sites such as Pinterest and Tumblr, which allow me to dream about material goods but have little positive impact. I also realized that reading the eye-catching articles on sites such as Yahoo drain away time that could be better spent actually checking my email. Basically, I need to become a better steward of the time God has given me.
So, I came up with a game plan for being more productive with my free time.
  • Volunteer. My church has a whole binder with lists of ministries that I could help out with.
  • Be Picky About Your Sources. Instead of reading random snippets of useless of news online, like what Katy Perry wore to the Kids' Choice Awards (When you think about it, it's pretty disturbing that kids are singing along with "Last Friday Night"), it would be better to listen to whole news shows like 60 minutes that look at national and international issues with some amount of depth.
  • Use that Kindle. Rather than browsing through online fitness articles telling me things I already know (Running burns calories! Weight bearing exercise increases bone density!) I could subscribe to publications such as the Weekly Standard and the Wallstreet Journal. I prefer receiving my favorite "fitness" magazine, Runners World, on paper anyways.  
  • Bring a Book. I have spent countless hours in certain classes doing absolutely nothing because I already finished my work or the teacher declared a free day. I have plenty of interesting books that I haven't read yet that would be more intellectually stimulating than staring at the wall.
Those are all the ideas that I have come up with so far. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to comment. (:

Here is a synopsis of my week:

Sunday

Rest
 Monday
Bible + Prayer Journal + Personal Journal + Worship = Introspective Devotional Time

Hard Track Work-out
400 meter warm-up (1:45)
3*400 meters hard (1:30, 1:37, 1:38) with 400 meter recovery lap in between
800 meters hard (3:31) even splits
200 meter sprint (0:46)
2*70 meter sprints
400 meter cooldown
 Tuesday
Seasoned Salmon and Potato Cakes with Asparagus. Love it!

Dead Legs Track Work-out
400 warm (2:06)
3*400 hard (1:36, 1:46, 1:44) w/ 400 recovery jog in between
800 hard (3:37)
2*70 sprints
400 cooldown


Wednesday
Latte with Bobbilee before the weekly Wednesday Night Supper and Bible Study (photo from online)

Rest


 Thursday
Track Meet. Just look at that determination in the face of fatigue. I won first place in the 1600 and 3200 meter races.


 Friday
Given to me as a graduation present from Mrs.Joann

Swimming  25 minutes
Easy Run  4.19 miles


 Saturday
 Neighborhood Speedplay  2.89 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment