Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Sweat Was Worth It: $cholarship

Coconut bars are one of the best treats ever created by mankind, right after dark chocolate.
Sadly, I missed my track meet today due to a headache, fatigue, and other circumstances beyond my control. I need a break though, as racing every week is really starting to wear me down. I only have two weeks until Districts, where I hope to break my 6:30 minute mile.


Anyhow, one of my favorite parts about Spring is that my mom buys really pretty flowers for the front and backyard. This year, she bought some beautiful purple flowers for the frontyard and a climbing vine with pink blossoms for the backyard fence. So pretty! She also went out of her way to buy a blueberry plant, since those delicious little jewels thrive in the Summer. Now we just have to work on keeping them alive.

Another sad thing happened today - there is no Wednesday night fellowship or Bible Study today, which means no talking with Bobbilee or drinking one of her wonderful lattes.  ):

Before I forget, I do have some pretty exciting stuff to share. The sweat and tears that I endured for cross-country, track, and school have brought in yet another award besides a sense of accomplishment and confidence - I was chosen as a BCAA Scholar Athlete for 2012, which comes with a scholarship!
I was literally shocked when my school's athletic director walked into the yearbook room, which is where I spend lunch with my yearbook creeps, and handed me the letter. When I had applied, I totally thought that one of the waterpolo or softball girls who are at the top of the class would get it. But the gander paid off, and I am left completely shocked! That is totally cool. The only thing is that the wording on the letter is really vague, so I am not 100% sure if I am getting the $1,000 scholarship or not. Part of the letter reads:
All Scholar Athletes will receive a special award in recognition of their accomplishments. Each school will be guaranteed at least one $1,000 scholarship winner.
I guess I will find out soon. The only other negative part about this award is that while I get into the Scholar Athlete Banquet for free, I can only bring 2 or 3 people with me, and it costs $30 per person. Oh well. I still want to go to the Banquet to see who else won for other highschools. I have never attended one those banquet things anyways, and I think it would be cool.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment