Sunday, April 22, 2012

5 Mile Trail Run




Inspired by the trail running special that Runners WORLD magazine sent me, I begged and pleaded and hassled my family into driving 20 minutes away from our house to a park that has hills and trails.
This park was once an old landfill, but the city cleaned it up, planted grass, built bathrooms and playgrounds, and established trails for runners, cyclists, and horse-riders. It has more hills than other parks in South Florida, thanks to it's history.

5.18 miles, 57 minutes
Mile splits: (10:01) (9:20) (10:30) (10:43) (14:04) Guess when I took a prolonged walking break...

Afterwards I did 100 diagonal lunges (25 per direction) My hamstring and quads hate me.


Source of inspiration. Please excuse the chipped nail polish, I was too busy saving the world to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment