Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tina's birthday

Gilly Hicks sweatpants I bought for the Tina. I knew that she would totally dig the green.

Told Mom to buy Tina  Nike running shoes, she's wanted a pair for ages. Choose green to match the sweatpants. 

Tina driving a jet ski with my Dad

Sisters <3

 Running hug/Attempt to immerse Tina in the water. Look closely enough and you can see my hard-earned shorts tan.


Anyhow, the first thing that I did after my family set up camp at the Beach was run. I went at a super easy pace and enjoyed the scenery. My first two mile splits were 9:31 and 9:58. Getting tired of veering around swarms of cyclists, other runners, and tourists, I kicked off my sneakers and ran two miles on the coast line. It was super awesome to feel the cool water on my feet as I ran. My splits on the sand were about a minute slower.
 I have found that I prefer wearing running skorts over shorts when I am running in places with lots of people, like the beach. Shorts are better for when I am with my team or solo. Another idiosyncrasy I have is wearing my hair a certain way depending on the workout. I think that I could write an entire book on the best situations to wear high vs. low ponytails, buns, top knots, horsetails (my primitive method of throwing my hair into a high ponytail and then braiding it), and french braids.

TOTAL WORK-OUT: 4.02 miles, 40:51 minutes
SPLITS: 9:31, 9:58, 10:31, 10:35



















No comments:

Post a Comment