Monday, March 19, 2012

Thoughts Before Bedtime

I love how our clothes match the picture frame. SEU had a photographer for the Preview Days who took photos of the attendees. I refused to take the picture without Tina at my side.

Beauty By The Book, Nancy Stafford
A little while ago, my youth pastor asked me questions regarding my past, allowing me to share things that I have kept bottled up forever - anger, hurt, betrayal, fear.  It was great to finally talk to someone other than my family about things that have consumed me for years. The book my youth pastor gave me is helping me to re-evaluate the way that I see myself, my pain, and more importantly, how God sees me. When I read the first few chapters tears were streaming down my face, and I can't stop writing notes down in my journal.  I couldn't believe that someone else had gone through the same hurts and emotions as me, and that I don't have to be defined by them forever. This book is helping me shift my perspective from myself to those around me. A big thank-you to my youth pastor and his sweet wife who have taken an interest in my spiritual and emotional well-being (:
That moment when you brew an aromatic, wonderful cup of coffee only to realize that it's almost your bed time and you should probably go without it since you have a race the next day. *Dramatic sigh*.
I am currently praying that...
  • I will be able to snap a quick team photo before the meet tomorrow since my yearbook deadline is this Wednesday.
  • My 4*8 relay team will perform exceptionally well.
  • That I will have the strength and endurance I need to finish all of my events strong (800 relay, 1600 meters, 3200 meters)

Goodnight!






No comments:

Post a Comment