Sunday, May 6, 2012

Prom 2012 Recap


After enduring peer pressure, beration, and even pleading from certain sources, I acquiesed to attend Prom. It took a Grande Caramel Machiato (nonfat milk, no whip, double shot of espresso), a packet of milk chocolate caramel brulee pieces, and two Pina Coladas (non-alchoholic) to keep me alive past my established bedtime.


For dinner at Prom they had buffet tables strewn with corn dogs, sushi, mashed potatoes, pasta, bread, strawberries dipped in chocolate, and assorted mini desserts, but the coffee had taken away my appetite (it contained about 11 grams of protein).

I spent my time shrieking at how beautiful my friends appeared, hugging everyone whose name I knew, and occasionally dancing. I learned that when all else fails, just move your hips.

I woke up around 7:30 AM with aching feet, blisters on my ankles, and a song by Shakira playing in my head.  There is no way that I am slipping on heels again for the next ten days.


Who needs bracelets when you can just wear flowers? Thanks goes to my cross-country and track friend Danny for the corsage.

No comments:

Post a Comment