Thursday, December 22, 2011

swimming in the rain

"I'm swimming in the rain, I'm swimming in the rain, what a glorious feeling I'm swimming in the rain".  To be sung to the tune of "Singing in the Rain".

This morning I walked to the gym with Tim and Tina. Sadly, the basketball court was occupied by daycare children and the racquetball court was already reserved for the whole morning, so they had to resort to ab and weight work.
Putting my watch-timer on for 3 minutes, I changed into my swimsuit in the womens locker room, used the bathroom, walked to the pool, and put on my swim cap and goggles before the timer went off. Skills. First it started drizzling, then pouring, as my muscles remembered how to swim freestyle again. It felt great to be engaging in a cardiovascular activity again- something that wakes you up and challenges you physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment